Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Official Bitch Day

banner1GUESS what day it is? Oh. Wait. You saw the button over there. OK, then. It's Official Bitch Day. I signed up last week with Denise and I was all excited because I could have a day to let it all out, to really bitch about something, to...only one problem.

I can't think of anything to bitch about.

Nobody has really annoyed me lately. I haven't seen anyone wearing their pajamas in Wal-Mart lately or even wearing a jumpsuit. Nothing.

Maybe I need to get out more.

We haven't done much lately except lay around and watch Netflix or DVR and order food to be delivered, although we did go out to Olive Garden the other night.

And now I've got it!! I just realized I do, indeed, have something to bitch about. My meal at Olive Garden. Not that it wasn't completely fabulous because it was. Chicken and Shrimp Carbonara. Chicken and shrimp with bucatini pasta in a pancetta bacon and parmesan cream sauce, baked and topped with seasoned breadcrumbs. Yeah. Gooooood. And not that the service was not impeccable, because it was. Although the waiter did try to make me believe they have not had chocolate lasagna for a dessert for over three years which is impossible because I have ordered it during that time. I think. Possibly. Maybe not. Anyway. Here's what I have to bitch about. My shrimp, although delicious in every way, still had the tails on them.

Now, I don't mind tails on shrimp when they are boiled and you have to peel them yourself - you expect tails then. But when they are mixed into a creamy sauce on top of pasta? And you have to pick them out, lick your fingers wipe your fingers on the napkin and THEN eat the shrimp? Well, that's just not right.

So, this is what I have to bitch about. In a world with a perfect family, perfect friends, a great job, a trip to California in a couple of weeks, great shows on the DVR and on Netflix, good books to read and new shoes in my room STILL IN THE BOX. My only bitch item is tails on my shrimp.

I'm a little embarrassed.