Friday, October 24, 2008

Early Morning Report From the West Coast

I just got out of bed. Yes, I realize it is 11:00 in the morning. But, contrary to your expectations that I am A TRIFLE lazy, it is technically only 8:00 in the morning California time and because I went to bed at 8:00 here, I actually only slept about 12 hours. No. You shut up.

It's amazing how exhausting travel can be. Basically, I SAT in an airport, SAT on a plane, SAT in another airport, SAT in a Chili's (which had surprisingly good potato soup - must remember to order that when we get home), SAT in another plane, SAT in a car, SAT at my sister's house while we all laughed, reminisced and heard all about my niece Jennifer's trip to Guatemala to visit her sweet baby girl, then went back to the hotel and went to bed. Now, just HOW HARD could that be?

Pretty hard apparently.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I insisted over much whining and complaining and rolling of eyes (I am looking at you, John) that we stop and get some drinks and snacks for our hotel rooms. We were basically starving like a pack of ravening wolverines so we bought chips and cookies and candies and Diet Mountain Dew (because that TOTALLY saves on the calories) and then we fell on them while riding in the van as my sister assured us she had ham and cheese and crackers and spaghetti cooking on the stove at her house. But once she saw the pack mentality that had taken over as we stuffed in Pringles and chugged Diet Mountain Dew, she stepped back. She was not ABOUT to lose a finger.

Hey. It was a long trip. And we NEEDED those Pringles. And this morning when I filled my glass with ice in the hotel room and took a Diet Mountain Dew out of my little fridge (I think it should be a LAW that every hotel room have a little fridge. Preferably stocked with Diet Mountain Dew.), I was totally vindicated in my demand to stop for snack food.

Although John had told me the night before that I was TOTALLY RIGHT. But I think he was just trying to pacify me.

But who is laughing now, BABY BROTHER? Bet you are GLAD you have those Diet Mountain Dews in YOUR fridge, aren't you? Huh? Huh?

Oh.

I guess I could walk across the hall and ask him.

Check back for more live blogging from the West Coast. All weekend. Don't expect any updates on forest fires or earthquakes.

But I will TOTALLY keep you apprised of the Diet Mountain Dew situation. Which is HARD TO FIND around here. And is considered a SOUTHERN drink. Who knew?

Oh, and the wedding. I might mention that too.

9 comments:

aclaypot4him said...

Dang it...I need to know how the rest of Jesse's family is able to come up with traveling expenses to Florida and California...and not to mention time off.
I'm glad you guys could be there for Carole and Cheryl.
I'm glad you are blogging the weekend happenings...keep sharing.

Natalie said...

Sounds like you are having a great time so far...aside from all the sitting.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Keep us posted.

Ariel said...

If only the bank would let me travel.... Glad to hear you guys made it there safe! I want to see lots of pictures!

Lynda said...

Oh, yeah, Mountain Dew is almost as southern as Big Red (my personal fav).

Sarah said...

YAY! So glad you are posting about the trip! I have thought of you all so much and wishing I was with you!!!

Give the family and esp. C&C lots of hugs and kisses from KY!!

Anonymous said...

Keep us updated Mimi!

Lisa Brawner said...

Hi Mrs who. You are the winner of the oceam dream necklace on my blog giveaway over at tribalwitch. If you wnat to email me at cimeshadow@yahoo.com with your mailing addy I will mail it out to you.

Deodand said...

I'm pretty sure they pump some sort of gas into airports to make one feel as uncomfortable and fatigued as possible, so it's not just you.

Oh and congrats on the necklace!