Thursday, October 9, 2008

I Am Going To Wear A Little Black Dress Every Day For The Rest Of My Life

I was a little concerned a few days ago that the blog post idea well was running dry. This happens to me all the time. I get down to just a few drafts and I start to get nervous - what if I can't think of anything else to write about?? What if I have NO MORE IDEAS? THE WELL IS DRY? You get the idea.

And then I realized. It might help if I would get OUT OF THE HOUSE. This requires removing my sleeping pants, showering and applying make-up but, for you, my faithful readers, I will do it. Besides, I needed to go the mall anyway. I was still without a dress for the wedding. So. If I was going out, I was going to make the most of it. I scheduled a massage appointment. I planned to get my nails done. I would have a nice lunch all by myself. I would shop until I dropped and I would not come back home until dinner time. And I had an absolutely FABULOUS day.

It is always entertaining to go to the mall. I am always EXTREMELY entertained by the unfortunate fashion choices others have made. I think I'm going to start a dos and don'ts regular post if I can just figure out how to use my camera phone to surreptitiously take pictures of the other shoppers without them thinking I am some sort of mad stalker. Really? You not only tried on and BOUGHT that skirt, you are now wearing it to the mall? How unfortunate for you. You CHOSE that hair color all by yourself? How unfortunate for you. Those shoes with those pants? Really? How UNFORTUNATE for you.

So, after spending some time pampering myself and enjoying myself extensively at the expense of others, I finally starting looking for the perfect little black dress to wear to the wedding. I don't wear little black dresses very much. I much prefer pretty, bright colors and it has been my experience whenever I go to a fancy party that, with the lights dimmed, all those black dresses kind of look alike. But I found some cute dresses. And I tried them on.

And. OMG. This is the very first time in the history of shopping that I have had several items in the dressing room which ALL looked great, and ALL were on on sale. I had the option of making a choice about which dress looked the MOST FABULOUS. Who knew little black dresses were so cute and flattering? I totally wanted to buy all three I narrowed it down to but I was strong and only bought one that is unsurpassed in it's fabulousness. We are talking a halter neck with beading and an empire waist that makes me look like I wear about a size 2. Which, needless to say? I do not.

Now. I need shoes.

Of course, I have one two OK three pairs of black sandals but none of them are quite right. Quite PERFECT. I need black. I need strappy. I need beads.

I'll keep you updated.

Check out my Herald-Leader post today: Let's Play A Game!


Stumble It!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's the pic of the perfect little black dress you bought? Come on, you're letting your readers down. :)kiki

Wep said...

I'm so jealous. I wear jeans to work. Which I LOVE but I did look very wistfully at Ann Taylor when I was getting a Starbucks this week...

Lynda said...

Yes, yes - show us the dress!

Fancy said...

Waaaaahahahahah

(my evil laugh)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I agree that we need a pic. I love to wear black. The outfit I feel most comfortable and attractive in is a black turtleneck and jeans that fit right. Also the black dress for other occasions.