Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Grass Is Always Greener

My daughter, Lizzybee decided to have some family portraits made a few days ago and my lovely and talented niece, who is working on becoming a professional photographer, (and, in my opinion, already IS) took the pictures for them. They turned out quite wonderful. Every picture is an absolute gem.

However. There is one candid shot that is quite, quite fabulous. It is so fabulous that I have decided to share it with the world because this is one photograph that needs A CAPTION. And it is up to you to come up with that caption. Just tell me what you think it should be in the comments and I will look them over on Saturday morning when I roll out of bed (God, don't ya love weekends) and choose a winner. Oh, and a prize? Why, yes, I have a prize for you.

Bloggers have been talking about Etsy for so long, I finally decided to give it a look. My thought was that I would beg someone to provide me with a photo frame to give away for the photo contest. See how I did that? Photo? Photo FRAME? You can see why my writing is world-renowned. Or it will be some day. Possibly.

Anyway. Since I was aware that October was Breast Cancer Awareness Month and had a little scare myself a while back, when I saw Danielle's Etsy store with this Breast Cancer Awareness photo frame, I was instantly intrigued. Not only are these frames truly lovely, she is donating all her profits from any sales to the Susan G. Komen For The Cure. Who just happened to be one of my sorority sisters. Yes. Life is full of coincidences, isn't it?

I contacted Danielle to see if she would possibly consider donating a frame to give away and she replied instantly. Of course she would. So, if you don't win, maybe you could click over to her shop and buy another frame. Maybe one of those Breast Cancer Awareness frames. Or maybe a couple of frames. Thanks. I appreciate it. And thanks, Danielle.

Now the picture. I think my grandson was a little distracted. What do you think? Send me your caption. And thanks for participating.

12 comments:

Granny Annie said...

"I wonder how to get a more mature set of parents like those next door?"

Anonymous said...

"Look, Mom, the grass is greener!"

Maggie W.

Unknown said...

What a great photo! You're very lucky!

Cyndi B. said...

Hey! They've got a puppy!

Natalie said...

Wow! So that's what it looks like over there

Natalie said...

Wow! So that's what it looks like over there

Jhianna said...

I'm captionless, but I had to tell you that is the best picture I've seen in a long time. :D

aclaypot4him said...

"Mom has got you out here in broad daylight posing for pictures...I'll let you know if the neighbors come out...I got your back, Dad..."

Wep said...

Look, it's been fun taking these pictures, but can I go back to my family now?

Anonymous said...

.....Mom ,Dad give me a minute !
.....I could over there playing !
.....I think I see my ball !
.....Let me know when your done taking pictures !

Fancy said...

One day that Mustang is going to be MINE!

Fancy said...

OR....

Who needs a pony?? My daddy drives a Mustang!