Thursday, October 16, 2008

Update On MY HAIR! News At 11!

OK, so the ongoing saga of my hair. It's growing. And my stylist comes up with a new hairstyle every time she trims it.

The latest 'do. Apparently, the bang sweep is on the cutting edge of hair fashion. Yes, that was a pun. Sorry.



Unfortunately, as soon as I walked in, Tom announced he did not care for the bang sweep. Although he just said bangs. Because he knows nothing about hair fashion. But I have to agree with him because the bang sweep has a tendency to sweep down into my eyes and is a little annoying. But it looked good for a few hours anyway. This is problem for me. Duplicating the hairstyle the stylist manages to concoct. Mine never looks quite as good. I went immediately and bought the same hairbrush she used. I'm sure that will make an INCREDIBLE difference.

I guess the biggest hair news is that I decided, what with the bottom falling out of the stock market and all, that one way I could economize is by coloring my own hair. I had a recommendation for L'Oreal Excellence Creme Hair Color, so I decided I would give it a try on the Saturday before I got my hair cut. That way, if it turned fuchsia, I could have my stylist fix it for me. But it turned out FABULOUS! Whenever I have had my hair professionally colored, my scalp always burned and it itched for a couple of days. I thought that was just normal. But now that I have done it myself and no burning, no itching, soft hair with FABULOUS color, I will never pay to have this done again. If you look very closely at the picture above, you might be able to tell that I missed a little gray on the sides, but that was my only mistake.

So. Big changes. Possibly not as news-worthy as the stock market fiasco, but I do strive to entertain you.

Now. You need to go to that L'Oreal site because there is a French guy there who will tell you exactly how to color your hair. And even if you don't want to color your hair? You should go anyway. Because he is cute. And seriously rather sexy.

Check out my Herald-Leader blog post today: How Come?



Stumble It!

7 comments:

Lynda said...

I like the hair! And sexy French guys? Nice!

Anonymous said...

Very nice!

Natalie said...

I feel your pain. I am growing my hair out as well and ost of the time it just looks horrible. I can never get it to look like what the stylist does either.

Fancy said...

I love your new look.

XOXO

Deodand said...

I am driven bonkers by my hair touching my eyes. I will not tolerate the bang sweep. Fortunately I found a stylist who LISTENS when I ask for something and she keeps my bangs a little shorter.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I use L'Oreal, too. Your 'do looks really good.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I use L'Oreal, too. Your 'do looks really good.