Friday, January 4, 2008

It's The End Of The Year As We Know It

Meme from Sundry Morning. Check it out.

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Hopped a plane to Puerto Vallarta and ate ourselves into a near-coma.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I'm pretty positive my New Year's resolutions had to do with weight loss so, no. Unfortunately, no.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, my nephew had a beautiful little girl.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Not this year. My dad passed away last October.

5. What countries did you visit? Mexico. Mmmmmm. Coconut ice cream...

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
 A digital camera that does not cause subjects to look like they have been turned into zombies. (with the red eyes?)

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? There was no one date, but this is the year I gave up caffeine. And it ended up being no big deal.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Actually making some money from ads on my blog. Getting some freelance writing work.

9. What was your biggest failure? Not losing as much weight as I would like. Not staying in shape.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No.

11. What was the best thing you bought? I have discovered sleeping pants. LOVE sleeping pants. I, however, will not ever wear them to Wal-Mart.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? As annoying as that stick-thin Angelina Jolie is, she has been doing a great deal to try to improve conditions in the world. I think she has been an influence on other Hollywood individuals as well.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? There are so many...but I have to say how disappointed and depressed I was to read recently that Brendan Fraser had left his wife of nine years. I thought he was one of the good ones.

14. Where did most of your money go? Equity payments, bills. What else is new?

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Again, the coconut ice cream in Puerto Vallarta. And, oh yeah. The scallops in cream sauce appetizer.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?

"Don't Blink", by Kenny Chesney

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:


a) happier or sadder? Happier every year!

b) thinner or fatter? Maybe slightly thinner. Slightly.

c) richer or poorer? A little richer. It would help if the stock market would stop crashing.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Travel. Hopefully we will, after we retire next year.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Laundry.

20. How did you spend Christmas? With family and friends. Again, I'm very lucky.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007? I fall more in love with my husband every day. Yeah, I know. A little sickening.

22. What was your favorite TV program? We are TV nuts but one of my favorites is "Journeyman". It gets better every week.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hate? No.

24. What was the best book you read? Oooooh, that's a tough one. I read a LOT of books. The best kid's book was definitely "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane"Best adult book. Uh. I can't remember. It probably wasn't very prestigious because, when I just tried to look up a list of the best books of 2007 to jog my memory, I HAD READ NONE OF THEM.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? That I actually like Christian rock, like Casting Crowns.

26. What did you want and get?
A trip to the beach. Wow. I wouldn't have any answers to this meme if not for Puerto Vallarta.

27. What did you want and not get? There's never enough time to just relax and read.

28. What was your favorite film of this year? One of the best chick flicks I have seen was "The Holiday". There were a lot of cool guy movies, but I think I liked "Transformers" best.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was...old enough to drink. Probably dinner and a movie; I can't really remember. Maybe I'm a little bit older than old enough to drink. Because I have no memory anymore.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?If my son could have found a job he really enjoys much sooner.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? Classic. And classy.

32. What kept you sane? My family. My friends.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Toss-up between Michael Biehn and David Boreanaz.

34. What political issue stirred you the most? Drilling for oil in Alaska

35. Who did you miss?
My dad.

36. Who was the best new person you met? I can't think of anyone new, but I have new insight and understanding of my sister-in-law because of her blog.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
A baby's laugh can absolutely make your day.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.



So I just sit right here and have another beer in Mexico:
Do my best to waste another day.
Sit right here and have another beer in Mexico:
Let the warm air melt these blues away.

"Beer in Mexico, Kenny Chesney




OK, I'm kidding. How about this one instead?



My blessings are in front of me
It's not about the land
I'll never beat the view
From my front porch looking in

"My Front Porch Lookin In", Lonestar

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sleep pants to Wal-Mart? I'd be very tempted.

Ariel said...

Amen to the baby laugh! It's a fabulous sound!

the mother of this lot said...

I just found this blog. I like it!