Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Tale Of Two Foodies

Let me just tell you that if you are ever considering going to Puerto Vallarta and you, just possibly, like to eat? Go to Dreams Resort and Spa. All the reviews I read talked about how wonderful the food was, so we had high, high expectations. And they were met. Oh, baby, they were met.

And to just express to you how truly wonderful all the food was? The first night, we took ONE picture of ourselves. We took FOUR pictures of the food.

The first morning, we had breakfast at the seafood restaurant, Oceana. And can I just add that the whole concept of me getting up in the morning and exercising before Tom woke up? Hah. I say again, Hah. The first night I slept from 10:00 until 9:30 the next morning. Tom said he woke up and was just a teeny, tiny bit concerned that I might be dead because I was lying so still. I think he was mainly concerned because that would have put a serious dent in our food consumption. Which turned out to be a PRIMARY focus of our trip.

So, about eating breakfast at Oceana. Can you just see yourself having breakfast with this view every morning?



We ordered fresh fruit. This is what it looked like. This was our first taste (pun intended) of what the food would be like.



The tables always had fresh flowers on them.




Here is the view from the Seaside Grill, where we normally had lunch. We are still dreaming about their homemade coconut ice cream.



The first night, we had dinner at Portofino's, the Italian restaurant. This is grouper with shrimp.


Sunset from Portofino's our first night.




Not only did we sigh over the beautiful sunset, we sighed over dessert as well. Tiramisu.



And chocolate cannoli.





The second night, we ate at Oceana, the seafood restaurant.



Shrimp eggroll for an appetizer.




Now, I have to share a story about this scallop appetizer from Oceana. Tom ordered this, took one bite and his eyes rolled back in head in ecstasy. I took my fork and speared one scallop, intending to take just one small bite. "Oh, I didn't mean to take one of your whole scallops," I exclaimed. Then I looked up into his face. "Well. You. Are." he said, very seriously. And his fork was dangerously close to my hand. I put the scallop back. And ordered my own.


The scallops in a cream/cheese/wine sauce. Oh my God.




The third night, we had dinner at El Patio, the Mexican restaurant. I wish I had gotten a picture of the roast cheese which tasted like cheese cooked on an open fire, but we stuffed it into our faces too fast for me to take a picture. I did get a picture of the sea bass and shrimp.




And the shrimp tacos.


Sadly, I never did find the coconut shrimp which had been recommended by someone online. I guess that means we'll just have to go back sometime soon so we can try that!


Chocolate mousse for dessert.






And...the diet starts back up today.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That foods looks fabulous! Where can you get fancy food like that around here? I’ve only had it in Vegas, New York, and San Antonio! How long was your flight? I can’t wait to hear more…..

Maquel

Sarah said...

Looks like you all had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmmm! Wow! Incredible!

Unknown said...

My mouth is watering.....great pictures! Glad you had a good time.