Wednesday, October 10, 2007

TV Is A Major Force In Our Lives - A FORCE..

...It must be handled very carefully, both its censure and its artistic honesty. - Bill Bixby

And you know you can take that quote seriously, because Bill Bixby was The Hulk. Not a man to be trifled with.


TV really is a major force at our house. We take it very seriously and handle it very carefully. And can I just say? I heart DVR. How did we manage before DVR? Seriously. Although, I have to be honest and say that TV viewing at our house may be slightly out of control.


For example.


The other night I came home from dinner out with friends, all excited because I could put on my pajamas and watch my DVD of the first season of "Gilmore Girls". But no. We had the DVR set to record two shows downstairs and you can't watch and record at the same time, unless you are watching one of those channels. And Tom wanted to watch a ball game. So he had to come upstairs. So I couldn't watch Gilmore Girls. So, what did I do? Did I get out a good book? Did I go and exercise?


I'm snorting with laughter here.


No.


We unhooked the DVD player and hooked it up to the TV in the bedroom.


So.


We were recording two shows downstairs.


Tom was watching the ball game upstairs.


And I was watching "Gilmore Girls" in the bedroom.


I seriously think we win the TV Geeks of the Year award.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You take tv very seriously. Aren't you blessed to have so much in your life. :)
vj

Jhianna said...

Two years ago, I'd have beaten you :D

We had three DVRs and a VCR all recording at the same time on several nights. Plus there was usually one of us watching something pre-recorded.

Last year, I made a pact to only watch 10 hours of TV a week (and I kept it). But this year, I've just thrown all caution to the wind and I'm recording everything that possibly looks good.