Friday, September 14, 2007

"...I Should Do Something, But I'm Already In My Pajamas."

Flash Back Friday

The above quote is from Futurama, which I must confess I have never seen, although the premise is intriguing. I just liked the quote. Because I am seriously a pajama lover. I don't know how many pairs I have and I'm not going to count them because, after telling you how many shoes I bought just recently, I don't want you to judge me. But I have a lot. And I love them all. I don't like cotton pajamas or flannel pajamas, I only like silky, silky, silky pajamas. They feel so nice against my skin. I have been known to put on pajamas at three o'clock in the afternoon when I get home from school. They are just so lovely and comfy.


I have always loved pajamas and pretty lingerie. When I was in high school, I had a really cute short nightie with matching bloomer panties that were red and white striped. One morning, I stumbled out of bed and decided I was way too sleepy to take a shower. Luckily, with long hair, you can get away with a decision like that and just swoop it up into a pony tail. I threw on some clothes, slapped on some make-up, grabbed some toast and ran out to the school bus.


I made it through my first couple of classes without falling asleep and headed to the girl's restroom right before lunch.


I entered the stall, flipped up my little mini-skirt and realized. I still had on my red and white striped bloomers under my skirt. I was horrified. I flipped my skirt down again to make sure they didn't show. They didn't but they definitely showed when I bent over. I tried to think back and remember whether I had bent over all morning. How absurd to think that someone could have seen those bright red and white striped bloomers under my skirt! I didn't think I had bent over. I left them on (really, what else could I do?) and made a conscious effort not to bend over all day.


Nobody ever knew I had them on. Until now. But I know you can keep a secret.

That's why I tell you so many.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, you know my love of Futurama! One of those silly shows like the Simpsons, but it is so very very funny the more you watch. You know Nick and I are total addicts of sci-fi and one day it just grabbed us!

Now, I am amazed that you didn't feel the extra bloomers...I guess you were just used to them. How funny!