Monday, September 17, 2007

Tofu And A Good Book

Random thoughts on this lovely Monday morning.

  • I finally got around to doing some reading this weekend. It seems like all we have been doing is watching DVDs and, when I have time to read, I have been working my way through the pile of magazines I need to read so I can give them to Vicki! Anyway, I read the BEST book! It's called "Life on the Refrigerator Door", by Alice Kuipers and it's sweet and funny and moving and sad. It's composed of notes left by a mother and her daughter on their refrigerator. Very clever and well-done. I think you would like it. Here, just click on it and you can read all about it.
  • And speaking of watching DVDs. Why did NO ONE TELL ME how good Gilmore Girls really was? This show is GREAT! I wasn't sure when I watched the first couple of episodes, but now I'm heavily into this show and it so good, so funny, so heart-warming, so...so...so good! And, also? I love Netflix. Without buying hundreds of dollars worth of DVDs, how else could I catch up on all these shows I missed? It just makes me wonder how many other good shows I have missed. So much TV, so little time.


  • OK, so who else cooks with tofu? Come on, let me see those hands in the air. Yeah, me either. But I've been reading a lot about soy and women lately and how good for us it is and I decided to take the plunge and try cooking and eating some tofu. And, who knew? It's really good!! I made this southwest chicken salad last night. I mixed up a small can of corn, a can of black beans and some fresh chopped tomato, then sprinkled in a little taco seasoning and spooned that on some lettuce. Then I fried up some firm cubes of tofu and sprinkled them on the salad and drizzled on some Southwest Ranch dressing. DELICIOUS! They say tofu is really pretty tasteless, so it takes on the flavor of whatever you mix it with and that was the case here. The texture was really nice and kind of faked my brain into thinking I was eating chicken. I have some left over, so I think I'm going to try it with some stir fry.

  • I'm going to have a weekend getaway and am very excited about it. But I think it warrants a whole blog post - so more tomorrow. Tune in.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh GAWD...you didn't put any of that tofu crap on MY salad, did you?


caw