Friday, September 21, 2007

A Fancy Shmancy Hotel






You know you are in a fancy hotel when they give you a robe to wear.











You know you are in a fancy hotel when the little sample bottles are fancier than what you have at home.











You know you probably don't really belong in that fancy hotel when you have brought your own fan.









And your own drinks because you are too cheap to pay $1.50 for a Mountain Dew.













On the other hand, that's what I'm talking about. There's nothing quite like a Caesar Salad delivered to your door, is there?










OK, so I finally dragged myself out of the hotel and out of my room. This kindly gentleman welcomed me to Louisville.








I walked down to Fourth Street Live (after walking two blocks in the wrong direction and realizing that I was going to walk into the river and not Fourth Street Live) to get some lunch.










And guess where I had lunch, Tom? That's right. And I had fish and chips too. Your FAVORITE. Bwah ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaa.






And a lovely little park on my way out to lunch. So, all in all. Having a fabulous time. Getting lots of great ideas at the conference. Enjoying being in the big city. But I have a tiny problem. Seriously. I could use your help. Should I get a pizza or another Caesar salad, only this time change it up with grilled shrimp from room service? And what movie should I order tonight? Waitress? Premonition? Georgia Rule? I saw Knocked Up last night. Hilarious. All these decisions. I'm a little overwhelmed. Yawn. I think I might need a nap before I head back downstairs. See ya.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pizza and Georgia Rules – I really liked that movie.

Have an enjoyable evening.

Raggedy Anne

Nikky said...

I'm so glad to hear you're having a good time, inspires me to load up on movies and room service myself next week!

btw, are you keeping that robe? You should!

Melissa said...

I loved Knocked Up. I'm sure I'm too late, but see Georgia Rule and let me know how it is. :)

Room service rocks. But I always bring my own drinks too. $4 for a bottle of water is insane to me.

Anonymous said...

wait wait wait...I thought this was a "professional" conference. Where are all the pictures of work-related stuff, eh?

caw