Thursday, January 1, 2009

You Had Me At York Peppermint Patties

I never intended for this to become a cooking and recipe blog. Seriously. I am the kind of cook who thinks a delivered pizza is the height of haute cuisine and that dried onions are just as good as freshly chopped ones. I have spices in my pantry that are older than my children. I have been known to take the baking soda that is absorbing odors in my fridge and use it for a recipe. I have taken used french fry oil from my cupboard and put it in a brownie recipe. Also, I have approximately 6 cans of baking power in my pantry because I can never remember if I have it so I buy another one. Read more at my Herald-Leader blog here.

3 comments:

Michele said...

So I read the Herald-Leader post then went to comment but the dang thing wouldn't let me. I am so making that recipe. I am a librarian that does cook way too much. If the boys at my house can't keep up I take the stuff to the library. The clerks and paras love it.

We're freakin' librarians, we don't have to know how to do math. We just have to know how to find someone who does, right?

Granny Annie said...

You can't do any better for me than you did with the fudge recipe. I have been the hit of Christmas with my delicious fudge that contains a "secret ingredient". As long as you never tell, you don't have anyone judge your fudge other than to say it is delicious! I ended up making four batches and giving gifts to everyone.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I think you're amazing. And that line about having spices older than your children? I can relate!