Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Try It Tuesday: Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream

One Sunday, a couple of weeks ago, I was looking for a quick, easy and fun dessert to serve for our weekly family night. I was browsing through the freezer aisle and found these.





Are they not the CUTEST things you have ever seen? In case you can't tell, they are tiny little (3.6 ounces) servings of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. They even have a cunning little plastic spoon hidden in the lid so in case you have an ice cream emergency? You are TOTALLY COVERED.

I know it would be cheaper to buy a gallon of ice cream, but where's the fun in that? I filled a large bowl with several different flavors (Cookie Dough, Strawberry Cheesecake, Chocolate Brownie and Cherry Garcia were the only ones I saw) and set it on the table. My family was delighted and it was just fortunate that I had a variety of flavors because everyone grabbed a different one. We didn't actually use the plastic spoons. But they were there. Just in case we needed them.

Apparently, other people think these are equally fabulous, because I actually found a video extolling their wonderfulness.

Check these out and let me know what you think.

In my library, the 500's are absolutely the most popular section. And, for those of you who did not memorize the Dewey Decimal system when you were in school, that is the science section. The section where the books about animals are located. Although you can also find books about domestic animals and pets in the 600's.
Why, yes, I am a total geek librarian. Read more at my Herald-Leader blog here.

3 comments:

Lynda said...

Ice cream is good in all the myriad of packages it comes in!

Nance said...

Sadly, I have been known to eat an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's. As a meal. Chubby Hubby is good, Chunky Monkey is good...yikes. I'm noticing a pattern. Perhaps I should look into the smaller size before I'm a...somewhat larger size myself.

Deodand said...

Yes! I will pay more to eat a less embiggening size of Ben & Jerry's. I could easily down a pint myself and look around for more.