Monday, January 19, 2009

"I Love Trash"

Well. I don't exactly LOVE trash, but I am pretty darn excited about my new trash can. I mentioned my new trash can purchase as an addendum to my post about a rather unexciting shopping trip and now I feel a little guilty because THE LOVE I feel for my trash can should be extolled in a post all of its own. So here is that post.

I LOVE my trash can.

It's so new. So shiny. So. Totally. Fabulous. For years - seriously, YEARS. At least...um...15?...no really. I had a kind of beige plastic trash with a lid that flipped up. Perfectly acceptable. But I really wanted a nice stainless steel one. What I didn't realize I wanted until I actually owned it is a trash can with a lid you can flip up with one touch of your foot. Hands full of trash? No problem! Flip the lid with your foot! Hands all covered with meat loaf fixings? No problem! Flip the lid with your foot! Hands...well, you get the idea.

So, I just cooked dinner and flipped the lid on my trash can several times and then I realized I just had to share the fabulousness that is my new trash can with you. So? The fact that I have a new trash can that I love?

Is totally fabulous.

The fact that I am this excited about a trash can?

Is a little disconcerting.

So, if you need a little excitement in your life? You can get one here. Just like mine. And you can also listen to the "I Love Trash" song here.

In fact. You COULD listen to the song WHILE putting trash in your trashcan.

If you are COMPLETELY wild and crazy like me.

5 comments:

Lynda said...

Well, I have one of these and LOVE it, too!

Unknown said...

That's what I love about you Jan - you enjoy the little things in life!

Boo said...

I so want a trash can just like that! I've had my eye on it forever but just haven't gotten around to getting it. Perhaps it's time...

Nance said...

I know, but 80 bucks for a trash can? I just don't think I can do it.

charing said...

be careful because they dent very easy.