Thursday, March 6, 2008

OK. I'm A Little Bummed

So I just finished the last DVD of the last season of "Gilmore Girls". It was seriously SO GOOD. If you have not watched this, immediately go to Netflix and sign up for it. I'll wait.

Did you do it? OK. You'll have to let me know what you think. Because I am so serious. It is SO GOOD. But the only thing is. Now I MISS those people. I MISS Stars Hollow and learning the minutiae of their everyday lives. I want to know what happened with Lorelei and Luke? Surely they got married, right? And what about Logan? Does he come back for Rory?

Yes, I realize these are not actually for real people. But...they SEEM so real.

It is completely different watching a TV series on DVD than it is watching it weekly on TV. With no commercials and the ability to watch one show right after the other, you find yourself totally immersed in these people's lives. And. You MISS them.

So. I guess I need something else to watch. Some new friends. Some new places.

Just give me a minute. One minute. To move on.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally understand what you are saying. I am currently reading The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett and I cannot get the characters out of my mind. I dream about them and think of them during the day. The book is so delicious I cannot put it down. I was late for work this week reading the book. If you haven't read it, start now. Let me know how you like it. vj

Anonymous said...

I'm having anxiety since the end of season 2 of Friday Night Lights. It's my favorite show. I want to know if Matt will get back with Julie or will Carlotta come back from Mexico? Will Erin have Jason's baby? Will Riggins win over Lyla? What have Landry and Tyra been up to? Will Smash like playing football for Whitmore? It better be renewed for a season 3 or I'll have a nervous breakdown!

Jhianna said...

It wasn't any better when I watched it as it was airing. I still miss Stars Hollow and Lorelei and Rory and Friday night dinners. *sigh*

If you like science fiction at all, give Farscape a try. Or Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

(Oh, and I second Anonymous 10:38am - Friday Night Lights is fantastic!)

Unknown said...

Thanks to you, I am totally hooked. Fortunately, I'm only in Season 2 so I have a while before I have to go through the withdrawal and the missing. I LOVE this show. Can't imagine how I missed it when it was actually on TV. Lorilei and Rory and Luke are my new best friends.

Anonymous said...

I don't ever watch TV, and I rarely watch DVDs, but I think I am going to go rent Gilmore Girls this weekend. Thanks for the reco!

Sarah said...

You should give Dawson's creek a try now. I was hooked on it for a while, and it is WONDERFUL. I believe you will enjoy it and it might help to fill a small part of that void...