Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Family Is Quirky. Who Knew?

So. The Pop-Tart butter battle. I thought I would get a variety of comments. I thought some of my family would reply and adamently defend the right to butter the WRONG SIDE OF THE POP-TART and some people would support me in THE CORRECT WAY TO BUTTER A POP-TART. What I didn't expect was that a lot of people don't even butter their Pop-Tarts. Have never even heard of it. And, frankly, think it's a little...weird.

It's funny how when you are raised a certain way, you just think everyone knows about that way and feels it is the correct way and the only way and of course everyone does it that way. Well. Apparently, that is not true. Huh.

Some people do not spread butter on their Pop-Tart. And by spread I actually mean slather and by butter I mean that marvelous whipped up margerine in the tub. It's truly a fabulous combination.

You should try it. I'm talking to you there.

8 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm going to try buttering a pop-tart now that I've read about it on your blog. HOWEVER, I'm afraid I'll really like it, and the very last thing I need right now is another food to love. Really.

trinity67 said...

Oh honey, now that I've heard of buttering pop tarts I'll be doing that one with gleaful abandon. This is why I like reading, I always learn something. :o)

aclaypot4him said...

Papa says if you want to "really" butter your poptarts use real butter...not the flavored vegetable oil spread known as margarine. He sees this as "upgrading" the family tradition.

Anonymous said...

Never hear of buttering a pop tart. Isn't the fat grams from a tart enough without the extra butter fat? I would think so.
v

gwendomama said...

we eat the natures path ones....the cherry-pom flavor has MANY beet juice colored sprinkles and is addictive. can't speak of the other flavors because i am completely and utterly faithful to cherry pom.

gwendomama said...

and i think that buttering poptarts is extremely odd. especially if you use margarine.

i don't allow margarine in the house.

Anonymous said...

I have NEVER heard of buttering pop-tarts~!! Remember our family "quirks"~~~you shook the milk and I washed off all canned food lids before I opened them with a can-opener. We shared these "quirks" when we lived together on Village Dr. remember??? By the way, I still wash off my lids~~~ b.

Bea said...

Never heard of it either. (Maybe this is why I've never much cared for Pop Tarts?)

What do you do with Toaster Strudel?