Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Eating Pop Tarts in Wal-Mart

Actual things my husband has said to me recently. Really.

In the past: Can you bring me a slice of that chocolate cake?


In the present: Can you bring me an apple?


In the past: Can you pick up some chicken nuggets and fries when you go out?


In the present: I don't want fast food - can you get something healthy?


In the past: Can we have fried chicken/roast beef/meat loaf/ for dinner?


In the present: Can we have salad for dinner?


In the past: Just let me finish this video game before I get ready to go.


In the present: Just let me walk on the treadmill before I get ready to go.


In the past (in response to "Did you get some lunch while I was gone?") Yeah, I had a peanut butter sandwich.


In the present: Yeah, I had some yogurt and fruit.



And. So. Here's me.

I went to Wal-Mart the other day to pick up some groceries and, unfortunately, I went when I was hungry. You remember in "Pretty Woman" when she says "Big mistake. Big, big, huge mistake."

Yeah. That. I was trying to wait until I got home when I could at least eat something light and was in the middle of purchasing some healthy cereal when I saw them.

The Pop-Tarts. God. I haven't had Pop-Tarts in AGES. They looked so good. Brown Sugar Cinnamon, Blueberry, Chocolate - all iced of course, because really? Who buys the other kind? And then I saw them. Cherry iced Pop-Tarts. And my mouth quite literally
FILLED with saliva. I had to have them.

Had.to.have.them. I took the box. I opened the box. I took out a Pop-Tart. And I ate it while strolling around Wal-Mart. I am absolutely, without a doubt, the CLASSIEST person in the world.

But man. It was good.

And this could possibly, just possibly be why he has lost 25 pounds. And I have lost 3.

4 comments:

Boo said...

I can understand your pain. I LOVE poptarts! If they weren't so bad for me I'd eat them every day!!!

trinity67 said...

I love poptarts (especially the rocky road ones) but can't eat them because they're too sweet.

Heather said...

Oh Mrs. Who....

:sigh: I feel you...especially while my b@tch Estrogen is in tha house!

Why is it that we women, who are GENERALLY responsible for household shopping are usually the ones so overwhelmed with other STUFF that we must shop when we're hungry, even though we KNOW better, often with accompanying hormonal hunger pangs (PMS-hungry = RAVENOUS, PRIMAL, & DROOLICIOUS in my world) - and thus we have the pounds that hang on?

Sucks.

Anonymous said...

Brown Sugar and Cinnamon. In Target, though, not Wal-Mart.

Those things have been a staple in my diet since high school. :)