Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I Had A Meeting With My Editor

As I was typing that blog title, I was just amazed that I could type it. Not that I COULD type, since that typing class in high school has been the most helpful class EVER. Not like Algebra, which I will never use. Never. I use math absolutely as little as possible. It's like Peggy Sue said "Well, Mr Snelgrove, I happen to know that in the future I will not have the slightest use for algebra, and I speak from experience."

So, not that I COULD type it. But that I WAS ABLE to type it. Because. Yes. I met with my editor. MY EDITOR. I might have to flip my hair and toss my head just the tiniest bit at this point. Because the online editor from the local newspaper has been reading my blog. And she likes it. She likes it. She thinks it is "delightful". Wait. SHE THINKS IT IS "DELIGHTFUL". Yes. Much better. She wants me to write a blog for the local online newspaper.

This could not have come at a better time. I've been writing my blog for a year now, I've done a little freelancing, and with retirement looming in the near future, I feel confident I will have time to do more writing. I just hope people like my stuff. That they will read. That they will come back. And that you, my faithful readers, will make time in your busy schedule to read both my blogs.

I promise not to write about Pop-Tarts again. Unless they come out with a new flavor. Because. You know. That would totally be blog-worthy.

Read my new blog "On The Patio" beginning Thursday, February 28. Just check the button up in the right corner. See you there!

6 comments:

aclaypot4him said...

AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

BOB that head...!

I haven't said that in awhile, have I?


caw

Ariel said...

That's awesome!!! Congrats!! Yippie!

Lisa said...

Yeay YOU.

How exciting!

Anonymous said...

congratulations...you are going to be so famous. i still think u should use an alias. just for the mystery.
vj

Rachel said...

Congratulations! Good for you.