Monday, February 4, 2008

I'm Sorry But That's Just Not Possible

My friend Ann sent me an email the other day. Which, Lo, Did Bring Forth My Own Mortality. I'm telling you, I am in serious pain here.



Guess who this is?





A) German Ambassador to the United States ?
B) Spokane, Washington serial killer?
C) Announced Presidential candidate in 08?
D) CEO of Haliburton?



The answer is: None of the above...... He is .................






Y'all!! I watched "The Monkees" EVERY SINGLE WEEK when I was in high school. I was rather fickle, I admit. I was in love with a different one each week. I LOVED THEM. Even though they were not TECHNICALLY a real band, since they had been put together for the TV show, I loved them anyway. I took their albums to college with me and played them every day on my little green plastic record player from Sears. We are talking some high quality sound here. They shared the shelf with Bread (the band, not the food item) and The Turtles. I was seriously into the bubblegum music back then.

Of course, after seeing this I had to do some in-depth investigative reporting with the search engine that is taking over the world and I found out some interesting stuff. Well. Interesting if you are a baby boomer.

The Monkees have their own web site.
http://www.monkees.net/default.htm

A Monkees drinking game. http://www.psycho-jello.com/monkees/drinkinggame.html

Order the TV series from Netflix and play this. What wild night that would be! OK, maybe only in my mind. But it COULD be.

And finally. If you know all the words to this theme song. You are my best friend. We can sing together.
And reminisce.







6 comments:

Nikky said...

wow, talk about a blast from the past, THANK YOU, I loved this show! I will play the video when I get home, I doubt that my classmates would appreciate it right now!

Anonymous said...

Whenever I remember the Monkeys, I think of my cousin, Patsy. She was seriously crazy about Davy. I mean, over the top, crazy! I watched them every week but I was more into The Beatles.

Unknown said...

That picture of Nesmith is so depressing. When did we get so old?? Damn.

Anonymous said...

The Monkees used to be on MTV when I was in high school. That demonstrates how much MTV has changed, as well.

I would have never guessed that photo was Michael Nesmith.

Anonymous said...

He looks like my gynecologist.

Damn. That's all I'm gonna be able to think about the next time I need to get a damn Pap test...

Edna said...

I am so with you on this! I remembered all the words!