Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sickening Or Inspirational? You Decide.

Don't forget Try It Tuesday will begin next Tuesday - write your post today!

As I write this, sitting here at the computer in my sleeping pants and bare feet (the only thing that could possibly make me sound any LAZIER is if I was eating some chocolate and had not showered. I am clean, but mmmmm....chocolate), I can hear my husband RUNNING ON THE TREADMILL downstairs. RUNNING. RRRRUUUUNNNNIIIINNNNGGG. Can you stand it?

He decided he needed to lose some weight so he cut back on his eating and started walking on our treadmill again. Simple. The other night I heard him down there (I was not sitting in my recliner watching "Steel Magnolias" and eating some ice cream. OK. I was.) and it actually sounded like he was running instead of walking. So I asked him when he came upstairs in his gym shorts and t-shirt drenched in sweat. And yep. He was RUNNING. On the treadmill.

Let me just share with you that I HAVE WALKED on the treadmill this summer. Yes I have. Once. One time. And now that I think about it, that's actually quite a bit more embarrassing than not walking on it at all. Because one time sounds. Pretty darn lame.

I think I need some chocolate. Or possibly some ice cream.

Or both.

Check out my Herald-Leader post this morning: On The Patio At Merrick Inn

7 comments:

Maria said...

Oh mrs who, I think I know how you feel! I stopped smoking cigarettes three months ago and I must confess that since then, chocolate tastes better and better!
I've put on some weight and in my living room, an exercise bicycle waits for me it. I honestly used it for 5 times during the last 3 months.
And as far as my hubby is concerned, I think he is still worse than yours. Imagine, he eats heaps of chocolate, never excercises and stays thin as a thread!
That's not fair... ;(
I decided that I simply love my chocolate for the time being!

Maria said...

Thanks for coming over to my blog! If you want to make some virtual exercises, simply come over, I post hiking trips from time to time and we can virtually walk together ;)
I'm kidding but I heard that smiling also helps to lose weight or keeps healthy!
Have a good time!

Unknown said...

I'm right there with your hubby. I challenged myself to stop drinking Coca-Cola for the month of July and I'm proud to say I've gone 31 days without a Coke.

Now, if I could just get rid of the Lays Sour Cream and Onion Potato Chips

aclaypot4him said...

Resist the urge to eat...drink a glass of water and walk for 20 minutes...You Can Do It!

Anonymous said...

Wish I had a treadmill...for the days when it's just too hot/cold outside.

Alice said...

You're my kind of gal for sure. I've had numerous treadmills come and go through my house. What a waste of energy all that was moving them in and out!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

What makes it worse is that men lose so much more quickly than women, too! Ugh! You asked if I work at a school; no, I work in the office of a large youth ministry in Indiana called Oneighty. I'm the office lady, but it's actually pretty fulfilling because they allow me to contribute creatively, too. It's a great job and I'm appreciative to have it; it was just hard to return today.