Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Easiest Appetizer IN THE WORLD

Works for Me Wednesday this week has the theme of "Recipes with Five Ingredients Or Less". This is a theme that resounds ringingly with me because, as far as I am concerned, the less ingredients the better.

Actually, the ideal meal is one ingredient - take-out. But I do have one easy peasy recipe to share with you. If you are a friend or family member, I'm sure you have had this at my house.

Ingredients: spreadable cream cheese, bottle of cocktail sauce, can of baby shrimp, Ritz crackers

Directions: Spread the cream cheese in the bottom of a pretty pie plate, mix the cocktail sauce and shrimp together in a bowl and spread on the cream cheese. Dump the crackers in a pretty basket and set it by the bowl. Get a pretty spreader and wait for your guests to scarf it up.

And, now that I reread this, you may have to go to the store to buy some pretty stuff. Unless you already have some. If so, you are set to party. Like it's 2008. Or whenever.

Now go to Works For Me Wednesday for more great recipes. Or go out to eat. That's what I would do.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This recipe has been a standard in our family since I tasted it at a party in the 70's. It's delicious, so try it!!! For a different look, we spread the cream chsese on a plate, then lined the plate with crackers. After spreading the cocktail sauce and baby shrimp on top, we sprinkled it with a dash of Lawry's Garlic Salt. Our recipe was called "Shrimp Pizza," but a rose by another other name.......