Tuesday, July 8, 2008

13 Is NOT An Unlucky Number

Well, we are at "Da beech" as my grandson calls it and it is pretty darn fabulous. I would show you, but my camera and my laptop had a disagreement and the laptop won. It spurned the advances of the camera and refused to allow any penetration whatsoever.

Get your mind out of the gutter.


We have two beach houses right on the Gulf of Mexico on Santa Rosa Island at Pensacola and the sand is sugar-white, the water is pale green and navy blue, the sky is a hard, bright azure and all is right with the world.

There are 13 of us here in the two beach houses. One house is light blue and one is pink. We are making frequent treks the few feet between the two houses to visit, eat and share the wi-fi connection. Last night, we had a big cookout and had wonderful steaks cooked on the grill and played a board game together after dinner.

As we played, I looked around at my mom, who was born in Pensacola and has been bringing us to the beach since I was a baby, and my sister and brother and all the kids and my little blonde grandson whose hair is turning blonder every day in the hot sun and thought "13 is not an unlucky number. It's a lucky number. The luckiest number IN THE WORLD."

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun - and wish on a sea shell for me!