Thursday, April 3, 2008

Let The Day Begin!

So, tomorrow's Friday. Last day of the week, date night, and, to my GREAT sorrow, my spring break is coming dangerously close to ending but that's OK, because..."Battlestar Galactica" is back tomorrow.

In looking over my previous blog posts, I realize I have raved about several different TV shows (and that reminds me that we just finished Season One of "Friday Night Lights" - OMG, I will totally LISTEN when you say a show is really good from now on, I swear) but I haven't mentioned our deep and abiding love for "Battlestar Galactica". I thought it was coming to an end and, unfortunately, it is, but not right away. They are showing 10 episodes now and will show the rest at a later date. Frak, I can't believe it's ending. And I bet you thought, like me, that was spelled Frack. But no. It's frak. And if you don't know what I am talking about, watch this.*








Now go back and rent all the seasons from Netflix and immerse yourself in a world where the vast majority of the human race has been exterminated by the robots they themselves created, a world where life and death choices must be made every day for the good of those who survive, a world where heroes shine through blood-stained faces and friendship and love triumph over evil, a world where they are desperately trying to get back to a place called Earth. And let me know what you think.

*Thanks to Heather, a fellow Battlestar geek, for sharing this video with me.

2 comments:

Nance said...

OK, so you'll never, EVER sell me on BSG, but...TIM RIGGINS..........major major hottie. And, yes, I am old enough to be his...big sister. Sigh. Whatever. How pathetic.

Heather said...

FYI, the new episode of Battlestar Galactica premieres at noon on scifi.com if you just cant' wait to watch it until tonight. Me, I'll be at Red Robin, so I'll have to wait.