Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Dinner And A Show And Kegels. Oh My.

I had the BEST TIME last weekend! There is nothing quite like a day spent with your girlfriends. A day where you have the best marinara YOU HAVE EVER TASTED and seen a show so hilariously funny you could possibly have wet your pants if you had not been forewarned there was no intermission so you limited yourself to one Diet Pepsi at lunch. If you are a female and have not seen "Menopause - The Musical" - you should. It is that good. The food was good. The play was good. But really. The highlight of the day was the demonstration by Agnes* of kegel exercises.

Agnes: So, I told her I could show her how to do kegels.


Us: ........ Uh. You said you could SHOW her?


Agnes: Sure no problem. Like this. (proceeds to gyrate rather alarmingly in her chair)


Us: ........ Uh. You know. You can't actually SEE someone doing kegels.


Agnes: Yes, you can! (slightly exasperated) I'll show you later.


Later.


Agnes proceeds to lie down on a couch in the lounge area of the restaurant, which, Thank God, was deserted, and began some rather interesting pelvic thrusts. Really. She could seriously get a job as a pole dancer.


Us: .........Uh. I don't think those are actually kegels.


Agnes: Yes! They are! Definitely! I'll fax you the paper! They ARE kegels!


Us: ..........Uh. OK. Fax 'em on over.

Girlfriend. Did you look up kegels in the Internet yet? No, really. That's OK. You don't have to show me. Really.

*Names changed to protect the innocent.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my that is so funny!! Where did you go see the play? Sounds like a great day!

Anonymous said...

I saw Menopause last week, too! Also got the CD and song book! I loved it. Did you get up and dance at the end????

-Barb

Anonymous said...

There's never a dull moment when the "Fabulous Four" get together!
Whether it be a "First Thursday" dinner or a night out on the town (remember the Crab Shack & nightclub in Louisville), we always ROCK!

Anonymous said...

You are too funny. Your stories really do come to life. As soon as i finish my kegels i will fax over the papers. agnes