Monday, June 4, 2007

'Cause I Am So FAAAAAncy

Friday night is usually a date night for us. We like to relax after the long work week, visit different, interesting restaurants, and just spend time together talking about our week. We enjoy it.

But we were both kind of tired this week. It was the last week of school for me and Tom has had a little stomach virus, so we decided to just stay in and order pizza.

This is a little bit of a production for us. Tom likes the Philly Beef and Cheese pizza from Domino's. I could not be persuaded to eat this, even if bribed with several new pairs of shoes. So we order two medium pizzas. I get a thin crust with extra cheese and mushrooms. We usually eat the leftovers for lunch the next day, so it's not really wasteful.

The pizzas were delivered and Tom went downstairs to finish watching the news. I, on the other hand, was watching TV upstairs. Something so thought-provoking, so scintillating that you will be so impressed with me. Seinfeld reruns.

I looked at my pizza and decided it was just silly to waste a plate. So, I fixed a big glass of ice (but you knew that), poured some Diet Cherry Pepsi over it and settled in with my pajamas and the open pizza box in my lap. I drank my Diet Cherry Pepsi and ate my drippy cheese and mushroom pizza with a thin crust. Who needs a napkin? I just licked my fingers.

Y'all, it doesn't get any better than that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey how u doing.... wanna be a friend of u. me in maldives

Nikky said...

wow, I don't know if I'd rather have been sitting with you or Tom. Love both pizzas mentioned... but you've got diet pepsi and seinfeld... and he's watching the news... yeah, I'm with you, scoot over and share the mushrooms! LOL