Thursday, February 12, 2009

I Had A Dairy Queen Blizzard For Dinner Last Night

You know the definition of a friend? A friend is someone who knows of your Dairy Queen Blizzard obsession and does not judge you harshly for it; rather, she actually CUTS A COUPON OUT OF THE PAPER for $1 off a Blizzard and carefully brings it to you. She sees it in the paper. She thinks of you. She cuts it out. She brings it to you. What better devotion could you possibly find?

If I had to sum up Friendship in one word, it would be Comfort. Blizzard. ~Adabella Radici

Or something like that.

Anyway. Once she gave me the coupon, of course, my mind was immediately preoccupied with visions of an M & M Blizzard. I could fairly taste the sweet creamy goodness and the crunchy M & M candies.

Wait.

I need to collect myself.

OK.

Unfortunately, we had a faculty meeting after school and then a project to work on and, by the time I got to Dairy Queen, it was after 5:00. I told myself it was a bad idea. Too close to dinner time. I would ruin my dinner. I told myself this the whole time I was in line and while I was spooning Blizzard greedily into my mouth.

Somehow, it helped NOT AT ALL.

So, of course, I didn't want any dinner. No pork chop. No baked beans. No macaroni and cheese. I completely skipped dinner.

And here's what I'm thinking. I completely SKIPPED DINNER. Think about how many calories I saved.

I bet I'm going to start losing weight just any minute.

Any minute now.

Thanks, Nona.

Check out my travel blog today for a special, special video.
And my Herald-Leader blog for a great place to have that Valentine's dinner.

3 comments:

Lynda said...

Oh yeah, a diet of strictly Blizzards is a sure-fire way to lose :-)

Unknown said...

Are you a member of the DQ Blizzard Club? Here's the link:
http://www.blizzardfanclub.com/join/. I get frequent emails from the Blizzard Club.

You can sign up and get free blizzards on your birthday, plus coupons for buy one get one!

Lisa Brawner said...

what ?? You mean blizzards are not healthy for supper ?? OH NO!!!