Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Try It Tuesday: Elations Drink

Does anyone else take Glucosamine Chondroitin for arthritis? I've been taking it for a few years, on my sister's recommendation, and it really makes a difference. You don't realize how MUCH of a difference until you have an ice storm and half your family is staying with you and you forget to take any supplements for a few days and all of a sudden your hands are swollen and it hurts to bend them. Oh, yeah. Forgot the Glucosamine! I take it and Omega Fish Oil daily for the arthritis, along with a prescription drug. I was in the grocery recently to pick up some more and found these on the vitamin aisle.

It's Elations drink for healthier joints. The idea of drinking some great tasting juice instead of taking a huge pill was pretty appealing so I bought a couple of six packs. They have two flavors - Cranberry Apple and Raspberry White Grape. I bought the Raspberry White Grape and I am really pleased with it. I drink it in the mornings and it's really good - tart and refreshing. They are 30 calories and have 1500 mg of Glucosamine and 1200 mg of Chondroitin. I found them at Kroger but they are also available at Wal-Mart and other stores. I'm really pleased with it and plan to buy a bunch more to keep in stock.



Try it and let me know what you think!

And check out my travel blog today for ideas about where to snorkel or scuba dive.

4 comments:

Lynda said...

Well, I think I'd be Elated to try it!

Edna said...

So are you drinking the Elations instead of taking the pill or doing both?

Lisa Brawner said...

I take glucosamine and then i use an infused oil salve with arnica and st johns wort that i make.It helps for when i overdo.

Unknown said...

Hi,

Elations is a juice-based drink that provides complete 4-in-1 supplement therapy through:
1. Glucosamine , an amino sugar found naturally in the body that forms the building blocks of joint cartilage, ligaments and synovial fluid, improving joint cushioning.
2. Chondroitin , a natural component of joint cartilage that helps maintain its structural integrity.
3. Calcium (30% of the daily allowance, as much as a glass of milk; ours comes in a patented, more easily absorbed form), strengthens bones.
4. Boron (3 mg), which preliminary studies suggest enhances calcium metabolism and helps build stronger joints and bones.