Thursday, February 19, 2009

I Am A Total Magazine HO

I love magazines. Seriously. They are absolutely the best form of reading material. They are thin (except for "O" magazine - that Oprah really gives you your money's worth), they are quick and easy to read, you can tear stuff out of them because they are YOURS, they are delivered in your mailbox all neat and tidy like a crisp and clean present every month. Or your daughter delivers her previously read editions in a nice pile you can add to your pile which sometimes becomes QUITE a pile when you get busy and don't keep up with your magazine reading.

I'm a little afraid to count up the number of magazine subscriptions I have because I know there are quite a few. Let's see. "More", "Ladies Home Journal", "Reader's Digest", "Redbook", the previously mentioned "O", several travel magazines, "People" which I CANNOT live without because otherwise I would have absolutely no idea what is going on in the world, then there is "Woman's World", "Glamour", "Cosmo", and some cooking magazines (who is she kidding? Like I'm going to try a new recipe) that my daughter brings me.

There may be more but I am honestly too lazy to go look through that stack and see what else I subscribe to.

I'd rather just read them.

There is nothing quite like taking a stack of brand-new magazines up onto your lap in the recliner on a snowy winter day and just reading all afternoon.

It's one of my favorite things to do.

What about you?


I was in some serious pain the other day. Really. I made the BIG mistake of putting on my freshly washed jeans after gaining five seven a couple of pounds recently (reference Blizzard Post #1 and Blizzard Post #2 for POSSIBLE reasons why). I noticed they were a LITTLE tight in that I had to dance around to get them over my hips and suck in my breath to snap them but I figured no big deal! they are freshly washed! they will TOTALLY STRETCH OUT. Read more at my Herald-Leader blog HERE.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, I'm right there with you. In fact, I think you may have some of my discards in your pile to read! I'm into More, O, Martha Stewart, Country Living, Country Home, and any trash that talks about how fat celebrities are and who's liposuction went tragically awry!!

Lynda said...

I dig magazines, too... throw in "All You" and the Smithsonian magazine, and we're good!

Unknown said...

I love mags too! Country Gardening, Entertainment Weekly, Rolling Stone, and Martha Stewart are a few of my favorites.

Lisa Brawner said...

I love magazines. I use to check alot out at the library but they cut out the ones i really liked. I like maother earth news and beading / jewelry magazines .I like grit and hobby farm magazines also.