Monday, December 22, 2008

Well Played, IPHONE, Well Played

Tom sent me a recipe to try the other day.

Yes. That is NOT a misprint.

My husband sent me a recipe. This is the same husband who can't throw away trash and is incapable of throwing away the heel of the bread and, just this morning, asked me if the dishwasher was full of clean or dirty dishes because he JUST CAN'T TELL. He sent me a recipe. By email. From his Iphone.

At first, I thought it was joke. A recipe? Seriously? And then I realized. It was the IPHONE. His new Iphone. With all the new apps. Which he loves and adores and practically croons over as he uses it. No. Wait. He DOES croon over it. We skip over the commercials every night when we watch the DVR but when an Iphone commercial comes on? We have to pause just to make sure it is not app he does not already have.

Now, if there was only an app that would actually teach him how to make that recipe on his very own as I lounged in a hot bubble bath and then had dinner served to me on a tray?

That would totally be a worthwhile app.

3 comments:

Granny Annie said...

Well, my husband is not electronically motivated and he DOES cook so this doesn't remind me of him, but it is sooooo my brother. I'm going to have to send this to my Sil. Also, I'm putting this on my ILYB link for the 24th.

Anonymous said...

As far as the iPhone goes, yes..it ROCKS! I love it. I can't put it down for more than 30 seconds. I'm an app store junkie.

As far as the recipe goes, it was either offer a suggestion of something new to try for dinner, or spend another week in VELVEETA HELL.

caw...

Lynda said...

Next time, get him to send a treasure map to your beautiful JEWELRY gift!