Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Try It Tuesday: I Paint My Face Every Morning

Perhaps you think the title of this post is a use of figurative language and I don't mean that I LITERALLY paint my face my face, but FIGURATIVELY. But no. I paint my face. I use this.

That's a foundation brush from Estee Lauder, but you can get one from most of the makeup companies.


A while back when I got a makeover, the makeover person suggested I try a foundation brush. When she explained that you put some foundation on the back of your hand, then use the brush to pick it up and paint your face, I thought she was insane. Not FIGURATIVELY insane but LITERALLY. Who paints on their foundation? That's just crazy talk.

Only. It's not. The brush is big and soft and actually feels really nice as you put on your foundation. You also don't get any dirt or oil from your fingertips which can happen if you use them to apply.

It might sound insane, but it works and I love it. If you don't want to invest in a brush without trying it, go have a makeover. Most of the department stores have makeup counters that will do one for free. Let them use the foundation brush. And let me know what you think.

You can learn a lot about people in the parking lot of a mall the day after Christmas, can't you? That most people are actually pretty nice. That most people will give a little bit, let someone pull out in front of them, take that extra 60 seconds to pause and let people walk across the lane in the front of their car. Read more at my Herald-Leader blog here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Painting on foundation? That IS crazy talk.

Deodand said...

Foundation brushes are the bomb! I never got it right until I started using the proper brush.