Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Try It Tuesday: Broth In A Box

So, last week I wrote about the fabulous new innovation of squeezable sour cream which had, in reality, been around for AGES.

This week it's another new and innovative product which has also, apparently, been around for a while. But I have just discovered it. So, it's new to ME. And, really. Whose blog is this?

That's what I thought.

Chicken (or beef) broth IN A BOX. Who knew? The extreme fabulousness of this product is that, if you don't use the whole container, you can close the lid and stick it in the fridge to use later. No pouring out half a can of broth in a plastic container, then throwing it away a few weeks later when you discover it in the fridge all congealed and busily creating a colony of mold. Not that this EVER happens to me. I'm just saying.

So, broth in a box. Anyone tried it? Love it? Let me know.

Hopefully, you haven't finished all the Christmas shopping for that little girl or guy who likes to help you cook, because I have the PERFECT gift for you. Several publishers have sent me cookbooks for children and related items recently, so I put them together into a basket for you and one lucky mom will win this. Read more at my Herald-Leader blog here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, this is wonderful. I try to keep a beef and chicken broth one on hand at all times. It is great to add in to dinners that need a rich kick.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I've tried it. Love the product. You really should get out more. hehe vj

Natalie said...

Yes it is really handy to have around. Oh and there are things you can add to the shampoo to make them brighten/shine blonde hair or any color hair for that matter.

Lynda said...

I tried this at Thanksgiving and it's wonderful - and resealable!

Unknown said...

I use them constantly to moisten the hound's food and for cooking. They are SO much better than the cans because of the resealing. Glad you discovered them.

Adrienne said...

I used this for the first time last week when making a beef stew, so damned easy I couldn't believe it.

Boo said...

Yes, I totally love it! I was talking about something really cool on Sunday and I said I would do a Try it Tuesday post about it but then biogirl reminded me that you don't link for Try it Tuesday anymore and that turns out to be for the best becasue now I can't even remember the totally awesome product I wanted to share. Mannnnn!