Monday, December 29, 2008

He GETS Me

Well, it's only taken 31 1/2 years.

Years of getting presents carefully shopped for and purchased from a list I painstakingly created for him.

A list he asked for every year because he had no idea what to buy for me.

This year I added a little something to the list. At the bottom, in small print, I wrote "Surprise me".

And so, for the wife he has known for almost 40 years, for the wife who spends an INORDINATE amount of time getting massages, manicure, pedicures, locating the closest spa on vacation, shopping for herself and generally pampering herself to the UTMOST. He bought.

A gift certificate for a massage. And a gift certificate for a pedicure. WENT to the locations and purchased them. Tucked them in my stocking.

I think I'll keep him around for another 31 1/2. Don't you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice gifts. You have trained him well. vj

Merrie said...

WOW! I am impressed! You have done a great job training...

Natalie said...

Can you come train mine now?

Rachel said...

That's awesome! Why are presents so hard for men?