Monday, August 4, 2008

I'm, Like, An Entrepreneur (And I Had To Spell-Check That)

Yet again, I find myself with a wealth of bath gel and a dearth of matching body lotion. And, as you know, I cannot POSSIBLY use bath gel with lotion that does not match because. Well. The world as we know it might just possibly come to an end.

What is the deal with the lotion running out before the bath gel? Although, now that I think about it, I do use a couple of tablespoons of gel in the shower and then probably a cup of lotion when I get out of the shower (not that I have an extraordinary amount of skin to cover or anything. Shut up about my thighs.) so there is no way it is ever going to balance out. Does everyone have this problem?

I bet you do. So I have been thinking about this problem. Yes, I have work to do. Work that I should be doing right now. Instead I am pondering this important issue of a dearth of bath lotion. Don't you like the way I used the word "dearth" twice in one post? Who else could possibly do that?

So. Here is what I have decided. Bath and Body Works needs to install my invention immediately. I call it "The Body Lotion Filler-Uper."

I might possibly need a better name.

Anyway.

On one wall of the store, they should have all these faucets labeled with the names of lotion. You take your empty lotion bottles to the store, go to the correct faucet and fill it right up. You pay per ounce or something like that.

Is that frakin' brilliant or what?

I will probably make about a skillion dollars for this idea. Or least a bottle of free lotion from Bath and Body Works. If only one of their top executives is reading my blog.

And I just bet they are.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea! This is also environmentally friendly because we won't be buying as many plastic bottles.

Wait, is that Oprah I hear calling?

Alice said...

I think you've got a great idea, but I'm so lazy that I just walk around with flaky legs.

Nance said...

Mine is always the opposite. I have a ton of half-full lotion bottles hanging around in my bathroom and bedroom, abandoned now because Bath and Body has discontinued the scent. Like you, I cannot mix scents. So, I would need to actually DUMP my lotion and receive a CREDIT--good toward shower gel or body spray.

Now I've just made things way more complex, haven't I?

Deodand said...

The Body Shop tried the whole refill thing about 15 years ago. No one was industrious enough to follow through back then.

Christine said...

I think it's a great idea! And while they're at it please install one for shampoo and conditioner. I have the same, uh, issue as you: I THROW OUT my shampoo if my conditioner runs out first. I can't bear to start another bottle, lest they not match up.

Wow, and I thought I was the only one.