Monday, August 18, 2008

Try It Tuesday: Jello Pudding

Welcome to Try It Tuesday. If you have tried something quite fabulous lately, just write a post about it and sign Mr. Linky below. Make sure you link directly to your post about your new purchase and not to your blog itself. And make sure you are writing about something new you have purchased that you want to share. Thanks for participating!


I have to say upfront that I am not a HUGE fan of pudding. When I have a dessert, I want it to have some substance to it. For example, for dessert the other night I had a mango brown sugar pound cake. With peach and white chocolate ice cream on the side. It was approximately 5,391 calories. But totally worth it.

So pudding has to be pretty darn fabulous for me to be impressed. I have eaten the Jello sugar free pudding before and found it perfectly adequate but they have three new flavors that might make me reconsider the mango brown sugar pound cake. Possibly.

I have always liked rice pudding. I think it's like tapioca - you either like it or if someone were to present you with a spoonful, you would scream with hysteria. There is no in between with rice pudding. But I like it. So I was impressed with the new Jello rice pudding. The original tastes kind of like vanilla and has a nice texture with the rice blended in. I also want to try the cinnamon and the creme brulee.

But my favorite so far is the dark chocolate or (my favorite) dark chocolate with raspberry Jello pudding. It is rich and dark and chocolately and quite simply fabulous.

Try both kinds. Let me know what you think. And don't forget to sign Mr. Linky to show your post.




Check out my Herald-Leader post today: Blowing Bubbles

5 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

From one granola cereal lover to another, I may just have to try this pudding.

Emily said...

Hey, thanks for the link. I've linked back to you here:

http://becauseemilysaysso.blogspot.com/2008/08/tuesday-is-worst-day-of-week.html

Unknown said...

I'm not much of a pudding fan, either.

This past week, I tried out the Debbie Meyer Green Bags - I had interesting results!

aclaypot4him said...

Oh, yummy...anything dark chocolate!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm! I'm all about the Jell-O Pudding!