Monday, August 25, 2008

Hey! How'd They Get The Gold?

Don't forget Try It Tuesday is tomorrow. Have you written your post yet? You can sign Mr. Linky starting at midnight tonight. If you are still awake. I know I won't be.

Hah. Bet you thought this post was gonna be about the Olympics. But you would be SO WRONG.

This is about sleeping. I realize I JUST wrote a post about sleeping and I'm sorry I don't have more entertaining topics for you, like someone who named their kid Zuma Nesta Rock. Wait.

And can you believe that crap? That kid will be coming home from a school with a black eye every day. Although he will probably be extremely rich, so maybe not. Anyway.


Sleeping. Napping, actually. As you know, one of my favorite pastimes. But not in this instance.

I NEVER fall asleep in front of the TV. I have always found it mildly amusing (Hahahahaaaaaa...I am SO SUPERIOR) when people talk about falling asleep in front of the TV and I often have to wake Tom up when he falls asleep as we are watching TV.

So, the other night, we were watching an episode of Psych which, normally we love and find extremely hilarious, but it was just a trifle boring. Something about finding some buried pirate treasure and they were going on and on and my eyes were kinda heavy, so I thought "Hey! I'll just close my eyes and listen to the story and when they stop talking and it's not so boring, I'll open them and watch the rest of the show."

Y'all.

I jerked awake to find I had slept through most of the show.

Sitting up in my chair.

My only consolation is that I did not drool on myself or the chair.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cory and I BOTH fell asleep the other day in the MIDDLE of the afternoon while we were watching a high-quality SciFi flick. So I know exactly how you feel!

Lynda said...

I confess - I have done it. More than once, but always while sitting upright. Does that change the dynamics?

Unknown said...

The older I get, the easier it is for me to fall asleep in front of the TV!

Bar-b said...

my parents do this and when I "catch" them they are always like...oh no, I was just resting my eyes. lol.

happy saucy blog day sitsta!

Debbie Y. said...

Well, you got me beat cause I drool everytime I fall asleep and I get caught snoring by my hubby too. He thinks it's very funny.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club. I dose off sitting up in the middle of programming all the time. My husband will nudge me and say, "You're sleeping. Lie down and go to bed." My response is always, "I wasn't sleeping."

Congrats on the saucy blog.

Danyele Easterhaus said...

heyyy...congrats you saucy girl. so...drool is not so great. but, hey, at least you got a nap b4 bedtime! that's a good thing. :)

Ashley said...

Congratulations on your saucy blog! And this just happened to me on Saturday night ~ while we had company no less. Oh, well! It was late. Why wasn't anyone else sleepy?

Wep said...

Happens to me all the damn time. I mean I'll be sitting there watching the opening credits of a movie go by and BAM I'm out. The sad thing is Husband can recognize that this is going to occur because apparently I get fidgety before hand. So instead of being able to gently fall asleep I have someone going "Are you tired?" "Are you going to fall asleep?" "Did you just see that or are you sleeping?"

The answer to ALL of those questions is "I WAS"

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

I fall asleep every time my husband & I put in a movie. He picks on me about it but I just can't help it.
Happy Saucy Blog Week

MissKris said...

I quite often nod off during the day when my grandsons are snuggled next to me in our big rocker recliner. What a great way to nap, with two precious little people snuggled up close! I wanted to tell you I've read Ayn Rand, at least "The Fountainhead". I read it several years ago and I THINK I read "Atlas Shrugged" as well. Have you ever read Steinbeck's "East of Eden"? There's also a meaty, heavy and VERY good read if you haven't.