Monday, August 4, 2008

Try It Tuesday

Welcome to the very first Try It Tuesday.

When I was trying to think of something fun, new and interesting to try on my blog, the first thing I thought of was shopping. Then I thought of how much I like trying new products and finding new things and sharing them with you.

Then I thought, hey. Maybe YOU have some new products you would like to share with me. And a few other people. At least the few of my family members who read this blog. I'm sure they have something to say. I certainly know they shop.

So Try It Tuesday was born.

And, OK. I admit it. I think Mr. Linky is extremely cool and I have been dying to try it.

So, here's the deal. Every Tuesday morning sometime before 9:00 AM Central Time (maybe earlier once school starts), I'm going to share something cool, new and fabulous that I have discovered. It might be a new fashion item, or shoes, or food or cleaning products or possibly a cure for the common cold. OK, probably not the last one. But definitely some of the others.

If you have something new, cool and fabulous that YOU also want to share, just sign Mr. Linky and make a link directly to the blog post, not just to your blog. Put your blog name and in parenthesis your topic - like Mrs. Who(New chocolate bar) - and make it no more than 4 words or Mr. Linky gets annoyed - so readers can decide if they are interested in that post. Mention Try It Tuesday in your post and link back here. You can use the Try It Tuesday graphic, but you are not required to do so.

I'll start.


Since we just got back from a trip to Pensacola, Florida where you can basically go down to the docks and buy shrimp directly from a shrimping boat which has gathered the shrimp from the Gulf of Mexico sometime in the last couple of hours, I am pretty hard to please when it comes to eating shrimp.

But this Shrimp Scampi from Sea Pak looked pretty good, so I picked up a couple of packages and can I just say? This is just as good, if not better, than something you would order in a restaurant. You just saute it for a few minutes and then serve it over noodles or rice. I added some steamed veggies and it was downright fabulous. I had the leftovers the next day cold and they were just as good. Run, don't walk, to the store and buy some.





Now, sign Mr. Linky and tell us what you have discovered. I can't wait.



Check out my Herald-Leader post today at: Teddy's Travels

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Love your try it tuesday! I had a plan for what to write last night, but then with our bad news I wasn't up to writing anything...I will get it up later today or save it and join in next week!

Anonymous said...

Excellent idea for Try It Tuesday! I'll pass on the word.

Unknown said...

We eat that Scampi, too! I agree, The Man LOVES it.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Great idea!