Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Horking Haikus

With thanks to Bub and Pie and her post on haikus.



Haiku: A Japanese poem composed of three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables.



Kids don't upchuck in
the library very much
we mostly read books.



But barf does happen
sometimes to my great chagrin
and this was that time.



One kid blew cookies
while working on her robot
made out of Legos.



That wasn't too bad
It's been YEARS since a kid heaved
on rug, table, chairs.



And then the next day
Another sick kid upchuck
lovely episode.



What IS this hurling
epidemic sweeping through
my clean library?



I just hope vomit
does not happen again (please?)
I can't take it thrice.



And, too, did you know?
There are 1592
synonyms for barf?



Yeah. You and me both.
Hopefully, I won't have to
use them once again.

0 comments: