Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sorry, Wrong Number... You DUMMY!

So, apparently, my cell phone number is one digit away from the phone number for a local Chinese restaurant which delivers.

There is a woman who is having a great deal of difficulty with this concept.

The first time she called me and asked to order some delivery, I politely told her she had the wrong number. She asked if it was thus and such number and I told her no. The number she quoted was one digit away from mine. Apparently, she can NOT grasp this concept. Or she has some sort of difficulty with dialing.

She called me again the other day. Same request. One would think when I answer with "Hello" instead of "Wang Cho's takeout, how can I help you?" that would give her a clue, but no. She began giving me her order for Moo Goo Gai Pan. I interrupted her and told her she had the wrong number. She sighed impatiently and hung up.

She called again today. Again, she asked to give me her takeout order. Again, I told her politely she had the wrong number. And I said (politely, mind you) that she might want to check the number the next time.

And she said "Get a life, honey". GET A LIFE! GET A LIFE! Me get a life? I'm not the one ordering Chinese food three times in one week in the MIDDLE OF THE DAY. I'm not the one who is physically incapable of dialing the correct number. Get a life. I'll get you a life. I'll END your life. You just better not call me again. Or I'll take your order and then sit back and wait for you to realize that your Chinese food is never, ever going to be delivered.

That will show you. Get a life. YOU GET A LIFE. HONEY.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Okay, it is SO funny that at the end of this you said you would just take the order and then let her wait...that is EXACTLY what I was planning on leaving in your comments as my suggestion for you to do! God, we are scary sometimes...

Anonymous said...

Go to your "happy place"...

Nikky said...

wow, ok. I completely agree with you, but you're scaring me a little here...

And yes, I think you really should "take her order" some time... and let her wait. then when she calls back to complain, tell her that you don't deliver. Maybe she will choose another chinese restaurant!

Jessica said...

Hello fellow Lexingtonian! Thanks for visiting my blog! I understand your cell phone pain...I think we have had one make calling for the "show." I finally told him to google it, just LEAVE ME ALONE! :) I look forward to visiting you more!

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of something that happened to me numerous times. A lady kept calling my cell phone and leaving lengthy messages. No clue who she was, but she was calling Alice (which explains why she didn't hang up when she heard my voice mail) who had a very similar phone number. Never found out what it was, but many, many messages later, I think she finally got it. Haven't gotten a call for a few months!
Alice B