Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Smell Ya Later

"The best smell in the world is that man that you love." - Jennifer Aniston

Oh. Ok, that was weird.

I just went up to the office and there was a guy in there. A parent. I brushed past him to put a paper in the Principal's mailbox and...he smelled like my husband. I couldn't tell you what the aftershave was even if you offered me a substantial amount of money to buy shoes, but it's one that he uses regularly. Smelled just like him. My brain was like "Oh, Tom." And then, "Oh, not". It was a rapid and very strange mixed message my body received. It didn't know quite what to make of it.

Tom always smells good. He is a man who is meticulous about his personal grooming. When he gets home from work in his khakis, polo shirt and work boots, the first thing he does is take a shower. He would never dream of going out to eat in his dirty work clothes. Or even hanging around the house in them. I take that for granted until I see other guys in restaurants and stores who have not bothered to get cleaned up before they go out.

I don't smell him often. He's the one who is always smelling me. He buries his face in my neck and inhales me, sighing in ecstasy. I've learned when he comes up behind me to just cock my head to the side and allow him access to my neck. That's all he wants. It's the simple things, really.

I think when I go home tonight I need to smell my husband. Hear that, sweetie pie? I'm going to schunzzle my face in your neck and smell you. 'Cause you smell good.

And I appreciate that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting on my schnuzzle...


caaawwww

Nikky said...

that is SO sweet!
I have a shirt of my husband's that I keep in a plastic bag sealed up. I pull it out once a month or so and take one huge breath. I miss smelling him. It's fading now, after 19 months.
You're a very lucky woman!

Jan Ross said...

Thanks, Nikky. Sometimes I forget how lucky I am. I'll have to forward this to him so it knows how much I appreciate him!