Monday, November 17, 2008

That Darn Farmer's Almanac

I have Vicks smeared on my lips, thick socks on my feet and I just had to go put another shirt on underneath the one I was wearing. It is COLD. Unusually cold for this time of year in Kentucky.

I have been hearing people saying for the last couple of weeks that we are supposed to have a bad winter this year. The wooly worms say so. The Farmer's Almanac says there will be above-normal snowfall throughout the Ohio Valley.

All I know for sure is that when I look out in the morning and see this? And it's not even Thanksgiving yet?


It makes me glad I have some snow boots in the closet.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you are reading the wrong Famers' Almanac. There are two of them, the first was the Old Farmers' Almanac (founded by an ancestor of mine in 1792) and then there is a knock off (yes, they had knock offs back in the 1800's) called just the Farmers' Almanac and founded in the 1800's. By the way, I checked both of them, and for the end of last week, the Farmers' Almanac was closer than the Old Farmers' Alamanc!

Kiy said...

Yikes! If you have that going on in Kentucky, I cringe to think what we are going to have here. I wonder if hubby would consider sweet baby girl and I wintering over in, say, Jamaica. Yeah, probably not. But I think I will check airfare, just in case. :)

Keep warm!

Kiy

Unknown said...

We're also having crazy weather for November except it's in the opposite direction. It's been summertime with temps in the 80's and 90's. Those hot, dry winds are what have been driving the fires. Mornings and evening are pretty cool, but mid-day? Crazy!

Natalie said...

I am with you 100%. I asked my boss why they couldn't open an office in Hawaii and move me there. I HATE cold.

Natalie said...

I am with you 100%. I asked my boss why they couldn't open an office in Hawaii and move me there. I HATE cold.

Unknown said...

It was 52 degrees down here in South Florida last night and I was SHOCKED! I hadn't been outside all day and was planning on letting the kids play at the park around 4:00 in the afternoon. I opened the front door and about freaked out! My daughter was dressed in shorts and a halter top.

Aubrey said...

We had snow and cold on Friday and 60s & sun on Saturday & Sunday. Go Figure.