Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Dear Mother Nature (Again),

Perhaps I should have been more clear when I sent you my last letter. It was definitely a little too cold for May. I wanted it a little warmer. A LITTLE warmer. I did not expect you take me quite so literally and make it summer OVERNIGHT. What happened to a nice, gentle, warm spring which eases into a slightly warmer summer?



We are in sub-Saharan Africa here. In case you are not sure what that means, it means HOT. VERY HOT. Could you cool it down a little?

And by cool it down a little, I do not mean a blizzard.

Just to be clear.

And, in case you think I am exaggerating. Here is the weather in sub-Saharan Africa. Don't mess with the librarian unless you want research done!



Whatever you can do. I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Mrs. Who

Check out my Herald-Leader post today at: That's What Parents Are For

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're happy today. There was no sleep for me last night. It takes a lot of work to cool the temperature down 10 degrees. Did you enjoy the rain, thunder, and lightening last night? It was just for you! Enjoy today. Tomorrow there's a little boy who's requested a hot sunny day for swimming at the pool.I can't please all the people all the time. Today is your day.

Mother Nature

Jessica said...

Wow! Mother Nature is really quick at responding to you! I appreciate the cooler weather today, but this heat is really rather ridiculous!

Rachel said...

The weather has been extreme this year, hasn't it? We had an unusually cold winter and spring (well, for CA.)

Hope you get the 70s you want.

Alice said...

I think it's hot every-freakin'-where. Urgh. The kiddie blowup pool in the backyard was refreshing yesterday. ; )

Anonymous said...

OMG! Mother Nature herself commented on your blog!!! Wow! :)

I would like to speak with her myself and let her know that I DO NOT appreciate the 2 days of spring she gave us. It wasn't enough.

Heather said...

Mind you, our dear Mother Nature is working with that damned monkey, Climate Change, on her back.

We too had a crazy hot day yesterday. Ugh - the heat was stifling.

Dirty Laundry Diva said...

Be glad it is not flooding in your neck of the woods... I know some are dealing with that right now. I am just thankful all I have to deal with is the heat.

Unknown said...

I don't do HOT weather! But you know what they say about Kentucky weather - what a minute and it will change!