Friday, June 13, 2008

For Fun Friday - June 13, 2008

OK, I was going to add this link to my regular "For Fun Friday" list of links and then I thought "No. No, this site is quite simply TOO FABULOUS to put on a list of other sites. It deserves it's own post, all by itself. Prepare to be AMAZED.

I kind of like to listen to music. I really do. But. It's just such a pain. There are too many commercials on the radio. My ipod intimidates me. You have to listen to a lot of crap when you turn on the music channels on the TV. But I have found it. The PERFECT way to listen to music. Just go here.

http://www.pandora.com/

It's an online radio station. But not just a radio station. A radio station where you get to choose the artists and the kind of music you want to listen to. First I started with artists and got kind of frustrated and then I realized if you move further down the page, you can choose genres. I went through several until I settled on "Country Pop". It immediately started coming up with songs I liked. Then I got a Glen Campbell song. Please. Ick. Then I realized I could click on the song and tell them if I liked it or not. And they would immediately take that suggestion and use it to choose the other songs. Dude. This is FABULOUS.

I was actually trying to concentrate and write so, after a while, I decided I just wanted some quiet, instrumental music. Done. Sort of like spa music. Done. OMG.

I may just possibly be overusing the word "Fabulous". But honestly. It is. Check it out and let me know what you think.

8 comments:

aclaypot4him said...

I'm gonna REALLY like this!!!! Just type it in...too easy! One more thing to keep me from my work. :O)

Unknown said...

Looks like a great site! I have a Sirius satellite radio and I love it because I can listen to the 80's music with very limited interruptions.

Alice said...

Someone else mentioned that site too and I do like it. Damn it's good at picking what I like!

Boo said...

That's really cool! I'm going to try it out! You're ipod is pretty awesome as well. It took me a while to start using it but it is fabulous!

Elan Morgan said...

You are being featured on Five Star Friday:
http://www.fivestarfriday.com/2008/06/five-star-friday-edition-10.html

Nance said...

A music freak friend of mine introduced me to the wonders of Pandora a few years ago. I love the whole idea of it. It's also great at Christmastime for variety.

Aleesha said...

I LOVE Pandora! I think I would've gone crazy at my old job if not for the ability to shut my office door and find something soothing on Pandora. Imagine my disappointment when we moved to Canada and I found out there are licensing constraints and I can't listed to Pandora here. The horror!!

Heather said...

I LOVE music, but I've never heard of this before! I'm going to go check it out right now!