Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Just Watch Me

There are some members of my family who know about the strange and wonderful fascination I have with watches. My nieces and my daughter ridiculed me endlessly on our cruise because, more than the snorkeling and the fabulous views and the unending supply of food, I was excited about the $10 watches they had in the gift shop. I still have some of those watches. And I still LOVE them.

I like a big watch face that is easy to read (because I am frakin' blind) and I love pretty and different bands.

So, you can imagine how excited I was the other day in Kohl's when I was standing in line behind this woman and she whipped this out of her basket to purchase.



With an incredible amount of restraint; without causing a scene or even shrieking with excitement, I stepped out of line and went back to the jewelry department. And bought myself the same thing.

It's a WATCH. With DIFFERENT BANDS. How COOL is that?

So, now I have to choose which shoes I will wear each day.

And which watch band.

Life is HARD.

Check out my Herald-Leader post this morning: I Have A Secret For You

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, we have so much in common....I love the big face watch for the same reason. But,I can restrain from buying one in every color. :)
vj

Unknown said...

I'm beginning to think I don't have any "girl genes" in my body. Watches just don't do it for me! But then again, neither do shoes or purses!

Sarah said...

oooo...I like that this watch has the actual leather bands to go with it. I have seen the ones that change, but they are always a ribbon style.

I had forgotten about the cruise watches...you are so funny! Remember all that jewelry we bought too...we MIGHT have a shopping problem...

Unknown said...

I have a watch "thing" too. One entire drawer in the LARGE jewelry chest is devoted to watches....I do tend to pick a fav and wear it endlessly before moving on to the next one. Sort of serial monogamy with watches.

Tip Junkie said...

Very cool what a great gift for yourself!

Alice said...

And to think I wore the same ol' grotty Ironman watch until it died on my wrist from an extreme impact jump from a high dive. Guess it wasn't completely shock resistant!