Monday, May 4, 2009

Ahoy, Maties!

I am absolutely fine with retirement. More than fine. I am THRILLED. I sent in the final paperwork the other day and gave a sigh of relief that all the paperwork is done and I can just sit back and count the days.

But.

Then I found these really, really cute pirate bookmarks and I thought "These would be SO CUTE next year - I can start the year with pirate books and then I can give everyone a bookmark and..."

Then I realized I didn't need to buy bookmarks. Or make plans for the first of the year. Because I might not even know when school begins next year.

And I have to admit.

I felt a teeny, tiny, eensy bit.

Sad.

5 comments:

aclaypot4him said...

Now you can direct all your fun planning to your grandson...you'll just have to downsize a bit...one little bitty pirate book...one little bitty pirate bookmark. :O)

Lynda said...

Replace one habit with another - you'll be fine!!

Unknown said...

You can always go back as a guest speaker once a month or so - it'll give your replacement a break!

Have fun and enjoy your retirement!

Unknown said...

I think you will miss work a great deal more than you realize. It's been a major part of your life for so long. However, slowly but surely you will learn to enjoy your freedom and suddenly, one day, you'll wake up and you can't imagine how you EVER worked every day and got up so early and boy are you glad you're retired. Be patient. The REAL joy of working less will come and you will love it. But be prepared, it will be hard at first. Been there, done that.

Nance said...

...and then you GOT OVER IT BECAUSE YOU WON'T HAVE ALL THE OTHER BULLSHIT TO DO.

Besides, have you been watching the news? Pirates...BAD.