Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Try It Tuesday: Wendy's Twisted Frosty

I just ran to Wendy's for lunch and made an astonishing discovery. TWISTED FROSTIES! Did you already know about these? And, if so, why have you not TOLD ME? Because they come in M & M. And you already know my passionate love for M & M Blizzards. I immediately ordered one with my taco salad and have come to the following conclusions.

1. They are BETTER than blizzards because you can get them in a chocolate frosty. So. Double chocolate. Need I say more?

2. They are NOT AS GOOD as blizzards because the M & M's were not swirled all the way to the bottom. The bottom third was just chocolate ice cream. Good. But not as good as ice cream with M & M's in it.


I will, however, give them another chance because maybe the swirler was just not very good at her job. Maybe they have swirlers who can swirl better. And I am really enjoying the word swirl right now.

So, give them a try. Let me know what you think.

Check out my great weekend at my Herald-Leader blog today.

2 comments:

Granny Annie said...

Our mother's favorite treat was a Wendy's frosty. Sometimes if my siblings and I showed up to visit mom at the same time, we all walked in carrying Frosties. Mother would laugh and then call her favorite LPNx to share the extra treats.

Syzygy said...

At Dairy Queen, you can order a Blizzard with chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla. I used to work at a Dairy Queen, and occasionally we would get such an order.

Since I used to work at Dairy Queen, now when I see other fast food places selling things similar to the Blizzard (McDonalds' McFlurry, and now Wendy's Twisted Frosty), I tend to think of them as knock-offs. I guess I am a little biased. :) And Dairy Queen still seems to have the most variety of flavors for their Blizzard. :)