Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Try It Tuesday: Betty Crocker Cinnamon Streusel Muffins

I have been really in to baking fresh, hot muffins for breakfast lately and have tried several of the boxed varieties. Those that come in a plastic envelope are OK, but the boxed ones seem to taste fresher and better.

The other day, I picked up a package of the new Cinnabon Cinnamon Streusel muffins and OMG you must immediately go and buy these! They come with a package of this cinnamon streusel crumb stuff that you sprinkle on the top of each muffin and that really makes them taste like something you would buy at a bakery.

If you want to make them a little lower in fat and calories, try this recipe. I may do that next. Because I will definitely be buying more of these. Here's another recipe I found when I was searching for more information which includes chunks of apples. Mmmmm. Apples AND cinnamon.

Let me know what you think.

Check out some free books at my Herald-Leader blog.

3 comments:

Granny Annie said...

I add all your recommendations to my grocery list. These sound wonderful.

Granny Annie said...

I add all your recommendations to my grocery list. These sound wonderful.

Lisa Brawner said...

sound good. I have never made the bo breads. Will give one a try