Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I Totally Think He Could Fly A Helicopter If He Just Had A Little Time to Familiarize Himself with the Controls.

So, with all this Arctic-like weather we have been having, Tom decided to stay home and work the other day. I find this very pleasant, him working at the dining room table with blueprints spread everywhere as I tap away on my computer keys in the adjoining living room. It's quite cozy.

He was making a phone call at some point, though, that made me remove my nimble fingers from the keys and just listen. It was something like this. "You have to program the gizmo and hook it to the doohicky and then run it through the flux capacitor or it just won't work".

Um. Yeah. I have no idea what he was talking about. But the point is, that he did. He knows all kinds of stuff about how things work and how to put things together. We were watching TV the other night and the characters were concerned because their walkie-talkie was not working. The guy said he could make the GPS in the walkie work and he asked for a piece of gum. Tom said casually "He's going to use the gum wrapper to make a connection". And the guy took the gum wrapper and made a connection so the GPS would work. Just like frakkin' MacGyver.

Seriously? Who knows stuff like that? My husband, that's who. He could figure out how to make anything work, he could probably build a log cabin and he knows all about guns.

So here's the thing. He is absolutely the perfect person to have around when the Zombie Apocalypse comes.

And I? I can write a story about having hot chocolate at the Eiffel Tower or teach some kids how to use the library - hardly important jobs when the zombies come.

I thought seriously about this the other night and we discussed it and he agreed that when they ask him to help deal with the Zombie Apocalypse?

His one condition is that I come along.

And that right there?

Is precisely one of the reasons why we stay married.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Nick would be KING in the Zombie Apocalypse. It's one of the reasons I married him. So I could one day be queen. And NOT a zombie.