Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lather, Rinse, Repeat. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I took two showers this morning. No, I was not exceptionally dirty and smelly. Do you KNOW me? I just couldn't remember whether I had washed my hair or not.

I think in the shower. Deep, intense thoughts. About the presidential election.

OK. You KNOW I'm lying. I was probably thinking about my new ballet flats and when I should wear them for the first time. Because this is an extremely important topic of thought. So, when I got out of the shower and was toweling off, I thought "Hey. I don't remember shampooing my hair." So I thought back over my showering regimen and was pretty sure I had skipped right to face washing and missed the entire shampooing step. I did not have a memory of it. Of course, this means nothing. I don't have a memory of what I had for breakfast this morning.

And, here's the thing. It's really hard to tell if you have shampooed your hair or not. I looked at it. It looked...wet. It's impossible to smell your hair when it is short. Unless you have a trunk like an elephant. And elephants don't even have hair. So they don't need to worry about whether it is shampooed or not. So. I couldn't smell it. And this is JUST the kind of thinking that makes me forget what I have done.

I did not want to dry it and then realize I had not washed it, so I figured better safe than sorry when it comes to my high standards of personal grooming (at least during the week - all bets are off on the weekends), so I hopped back in the shower and washed my hair. Possibly again.

It looked exactly the same when I got out. Wet.

So. I don't really know if I washed my hair once or twice this morning.

I guess I better pay more attention in the shower.

And stop thinking about shoes the presidential election.

6 comments:

The Girl Next Door said...

LOL! I thought I was the only one who has done this! Could be I, too, have too many shoe-dreams!

Unknown said...

I wish I could stop thinking about the presidential election - I'm tired of all the smoke McCain-Palin are trying to blow up our a**! Oops, sorry - I almost went off on a rant -hehehehe!

Nance said...

Now you've got me thinking about shoes! I haven't bought any since June, so I am WAAAAAAY past due.

Wep said...

I can't COUNT the number of times this has happened to me!

katydidnot said...

heh. oops. maybe a checklist, like a laminated one with a grease pencil. i'd forget to check anything off though too.

Linda said...

I can relate lol.