Thursday, September 11, 2008

Completely IMPRACTICAL. But I DON'T CARE.

So, I told you about how I went to Payless and bought these darling ballet flats which I love and adore and plan to wear every day, just as soon as I buy some pants that are short enough. And possibly some ribbed tights because I don't think I can wear my cute trouser socks with them. And this is exactly how a fashion domino effect happens.

While I was at Payless, I found another pair of DARLING shoes. They were completely impractical. Ridiculous, really. They were orange which goes with nothing I own. They were sandals and it is fall. They had straps with buckles, which I really hate to mess with. I couldn't find another pair I liked, so I would have had to pay full price, instead of getting the BOGO deal.

So, I was strong. I put them back on the shelf, bought the ballet flats I had come for, and went home.

And then I went back the next day and bought them.

And, really.

Wouldn't you?

Check out my Herald-Leader post today and win a free book: Staying Healthy - Books For Children

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Of course you did! How could you pass up something that adorable when it is BOGO!!! I love them!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I hope and pray you bought a pair for ME.

Melissa B. said...

These are cute! Can't were heels, though--as a teacher, I'm on my feet all day!

Lynda said...

Those are really cute!

Aubrey said...

I can't take it anymore! I HAVE to go to Payless this weekend and check it out. In my opinion, orange can go with any neutral. Browns, blacks, grays...that's what I would wear those fab shoes with!!

BTW, I made the PERFECT hard boiled eggs for my tuna salad yesterday thanks to you!!