Thursday, September 4, 2008

Nashville Cats, Been Playing Since They's Babies

Going to BlogHer Nashville

Yeah. That was the only song I could find with "Nashville" in the lyrics. Because, hey, I'm GOING TO BLOGHER IN NASHVILLE!! The lovely and funny Heather of The Mother Tongue emailed and asked if I would like to go with her. Would I? Would I? Why, yes, I WOULD. I had a feeling very similar to the one I experienced when some of my future sorority sisters came to my dorm and asked me to join the sorority. Only with less beer.

I have wanted to go to the BlogHer conference for years and years. Well, at least a year. As long as I have known about BlogHer anyway. I want to meet other bloggers and find out how to drive my readership up to approximately 5,819 more people a day. Or maybe 2 more. Either would help.

So we are heading to Nashville in October. We are staying in a fancy suite with a separate living room and we even get breakfast as part of the deal. Hopefully they won't notice that we are barefoot hillbillies who haven't got a clue what we are really doing.

Oh, sorry, Heather.

One barefoot hillbilly. One pretty knowledgeable newspaper blog writer.

Check out my Herald-Leader post today at: Pop Quiz

6 comments:

Wep said...

OMG that sounds like so much fun. Like a giant sleepover!

Jessica said...

I am soooooo jealous. You ladies will have so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh that sounds like so much fun! Where are you staying? We went last year and stayed at the Union Station hotel. It had just been renovated and was beautiful! The rooms were small but had lovely beds. The only complaint was that there was no tub...only a shower! Highly recommended...and minutes from downtown if you're walking.

Unknown said...

OMG - watch out Nashville, here they come! By the time you and Heather get finished, Nashville won't know what hit 'em.

Bet you find time to go shoe shopping!

Heather said...

Oh, I'm a total hillbilly, though I do love my shoes. ;)

I'll post something about it on my blog soon, but there's a great deal for anyone else who wants to go to BlogHer--there's a car rental company that's offering a free rental hybrid for groups of three or more conference attendees. AND they pay for the first tank of gas. Is that crazy or what? I'll have to dig into my email to get the specifics.

~Tonyia~ said...

I bet it's going to be fun!
I read your blog almost daily...I stumbled on it by accident one day while reading other blogs (Ima blog junkie, it's like my morning paper) and I noticed you were from Lexington and I'm in Louisville so I was like "Oh WOW, small world!"

ANYWAY, have fun!!!